Monday, May 19, 2008

Running on Water - creative writing

I was just standing there casually, leaning on my spade, staring at the setting sky, in the middle of the field. The field, where I work, was not 200 metres from town. Very fortunate I was, to not have the day off. The sun was still hot, and the fresh breeze blew the grass in one direction. The cows seemed to be settling down for the night, some with black spots and some completely brown, sitting or standing in the field. At least I thought they looked tired. The peaceful feel of the field seemed to work the opposite of calming, to one particular cow. It started leaping around in an “I’ve just been electrocuted” kind of way. I went over to see what the matter with it was. Just as I was three feet away, I stood in a pothole with great force, and smacked my face straight into the back of the cow. It didn’t seem too happy with that event. I stood up slowly, not wanting to look in the cow’s eyes. The fear starting to rise in my veins………

No comments: