Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dancing

I am a dancer, and have been for about nine years. I started when I was five, and had a break year when I first moved here.
I do Ballet, Pointe (which is also Ballet, but it’s when you are right up on the tip of your toes), Tap, Jazz, Lyrical (slow jazz) and Contemporary.

I leave my house an hour earlier, and go for three hours straight. Then the next day, I go for two hours. It’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it.

We have concerts at the end, or the middle of the year, and exams the opposite. The concerts are great fun, though really tiring. I would normally have about five to six numbers over three hours. I would then get up and do it all again three more times.

I have a tap exam at the end of this month, which I am mostly prepared for. My other exams are at the end of the year. This will be the last jazz exam for me, because I have finished the whole sylibis (like completing the thirteen years at school). I am lucky because I am finishing it a lot younger than the rest of my class. Ballet, I will finish that in the next few years, and tap I’m not really sure.

Its hard to keep up with homework, because it really sucks up your afternoons. Even though it’s only two afternoons a week, they add up.



Well, that is a bit on what I do in the afternoons, thanks for reading.

No comments: